Hiding rows in locked sheet

asmith5rgv

Board Regular
I have a sheet with 2 columns locked containing formulas. Sometimes I have extra rows that do not contain data but since the columns are locked I cannot hide the rows. I want to be able to hid the empty rows while the sheet is locked but it does not allow me to because it is locked. Is there any way around this besides unlocking, hiding and then relocking. I am having a terrible time with my employees unlocking the sheet and messing up a formula then re-locking. I want to be able to keep it locked for good but still be able to have employees hide rows if need be. Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
You can add a button like this:

<font face=Calibri><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> HideRows()<br>    ActiveSheet.Unprotect "yada"<br>        Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">True</SPAN><br>    ActiveSheet.Protect "yada"<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>

HTH,

Upvote 0
I have a sheet with 2 columns locked containing formulas. Sometimes I have extra rows that do not contain data but since the columns are locked I cannot hide the rows. I want to be able to hid the empty rows while the sheet is locked but it does not allow me to because it is locked. Is there any way around this besides unlocking, hiding and then relocking. I am having a terrible time with my employees unlocking the sheet and messing up a formula then re-locking. I want to be able to keep it locked for good but still be able to have employees hide rows if need be. Thanks in advance.
Unless you have a very old version of Excel, when you Protect the sheet, look at the list 'Allow all users of this worksheet to:' and tick the 'Format rows' option

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpierce

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back