Hierarchy Chart for a 1 x 2 matrix direct sell company possible in Excel?

matthewlopez1974

I am brand new to the forum and am no expert at excel. I have a MAC Excel 2011 program to work with. I have created a direct selling model that pays commissions based on percentages of sales. I also have partner companies I am working with plus the product distributor. The partner companies (2) take 15% of revenue each. The direct selling employees/contractors percentages vary depending on their selling volume. It is a complex chart I am seeking to build but I believe excel can do it, am I right? and if so, where can I find how to build it ie; tutorials, videos or chat forums such as this? Thank You.
The matrix is a 1 x 2 system that goes 20 levels deep. There are three matrixes; 1.) 25.00 2.) 50.00 3.) 100.00. I hope that helps and please ask any questions for information I may have left out for a clearer answer. thanks
matt

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Hi there, maybe posting an actual sample of your data and what you would like to achieve would trigger more replies.
You can post sample as follows:
Recommendation being to use the last one (Border Copy-paste) since you are using Excel 2011.

Excel jeanie
or
MrExcel HTML Maker (HtmlMakeryyyymmdd)
or
Borders-Copy-Paste

ok, so I do not have a sample, per say, but i can tell you that i am creating a hierarchy tree. Starting with myself in the number 1 spot, line 1. I have 2 people under me on line 2, those 2 people each have 2 people on line 3 (7 total people...1 on line 1, 2 on line 2, 4 on line 3 etc etc. Each one of those people will spend x amount of dollars per month on product sales. Each one of those people will earn a set commission percentage on product sales of the people below them (line 2 makes their commission from line 3 and line 3 from line 4). There could be a number of variable such as volume of product sales, attrition and faster growing legs vs slower. The only variable I would like to plug in would be sales volume. I call it the trickle effect; example...spot 30 on line 17 makes 7000 in sales, how does that commission change for the person directly above spot 30/line 17? I need it 20 levels deep on a 1 by 2 ,matrix formula.
I am hoping this makes sense to someone. It makes perfect sense to me, but that doesnt help unless i can build it. thanks

Upvote 0
If you know the percentages take would be applied from on level to another (not mentioned in your sample)
would the two person in level two get a commission from all members from level 3 or only from their respective subordinates in level 3?
Arranging your data in a table might be easier, level could be identified with a value (1,2,3...) and commission computed by summing the values directly one level below and factored by a specific coefficient related to whatever criteria you may have.
Does this make sense to you?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back