nburaq

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Gents,
I have a sheet called "Orders" and all order numbers are in column A and estimated costs are in column B and actual costs are in column C. I already used a formula to highlight values in Orders sheet as C>B.
On the other hand, I have another sheet called "Materials" and same order numbers are also used in this sheet. My aim is to highlight order values in "Materials" sheet which are already highlighted in "Orders" sheet. Is there any way to do it? Thanks for your help and concern.

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Is it possible to use countif function? I got stuck :(

Upvote 0
Use another condition format? If the same relative cells are not in that sheet, reference the sheet in your format formula. e.g.
VBA Code:
=if(Sheet1!$A$1>5

Upvote 0
Use another condition format? If the same relative cells are not in that sheet, reference the sheet in your format formula. e.g.
VBA Code:
=if(Sheet1!$A$1>5
Thanks for the help but I already used formula =$S>$R2 for conditional formatting in Sheet1 to highlight the values I want to see and I want to highlight the same values in Sheet2 already highlighted in Sheet1.

Attachments

• Sheet1.png
    Sheet1.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Sheet2.png
    Sheet2.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0
I could show you how to do it with a macro but I recommend the conditional format as I explained in #3.

Like any formula entry, as you enter the formula, you can select the cell(s) in the other sheet and the full reference will be added. Or, just copy your formula but add the sheet reference. Since I don't know what your sheet names are, I can do that for you. I just gave you a generic example.

Upvote 0
Hi Kenneth,
I tried the solution you explained me in #3 but interestingly it does not highlight all the same values based on sheet1 but works partly. I think I will use an helper column and I will use that column for sheet2. Thanks again your help!

Upvote 0
When I tried it, it marked the corresponding row. The row numbers are expected to be the same. It does not depend on the values in that sheet2. e.g. Sheet1's S4=5 and and R4=3. Then in Sheet2 say column K then K4 is formatted. I can share a link to see how I did it if that interests you.

Upvote 0
When I tried it, it marked the corresponding row. The row numbers are expected to be the same. It does not depend on the values in that sheet2. e.g. Sheet1's S4=5 and and R4=3. Then in Sheet2 say column K then K4 is formatted. I can share a link to see how I did it if that interests you.
That would be awesome! Thanks for our help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danger_SF

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back