highlight cells with a value within 3 of other cells on the row

cspgsl

Board Regular
I am no Excel expert so I am looking to see if this is possible.

I have a table like you see here. On each row, I want to conditionally highlight any two cells in the Daily Yardage columns with the same colour if the values are within 3 of any other cell in any other Daily Yardage column within the same row.

In other words, I want to compare the values in G6, M6, S6, Y6 and AE6 and if any values are within 3 of another, change the colour on the two cells that are within 3.

I have manually done it here but the table is actually 31 rows (for a month) and I am trying different scenarios in each of the Tee and Hole columns.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

excel.png

It works as you have shown on screen

Thank you very much for your assistance and BIG thank you for all the effort that Jason put into the thread. (y)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Thanks for stepping in, Fluff!

It turns out that the shorter formula from later posts was only working with the sample from post 1 because I had only typed out the yardage columns for testing, as an example the 200 in Y6 was being incorrectly highlighted because it was being compared to V6. Because V6 was empty in my test sheet I wasn't seeing the problem and the formula wasn't behaving as I thought it was.

Upvote 0
Glad we (mainly Jason) could help :)
Thanks for stepping in, Fluff!
No probs, I was intrigued why your original formula didn't work, but could think why.

Upvote 0
Is there a way to mark the thread as Solved? It's something I look for in forums when trying to scout out an answer.

Upvote 0
No there isn't, we don't do that here.

Upvote 0
I was intrigued why your original formula didn't work, but could think why.
From the appearance of the screen capture, I was thinking possible leading spaces in the headers due to the space above the text. The inclusion of a line break didn't occur to me.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon Leenders

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back