HLOOHUP assistance needed

Antrosenthal

I am trying to run a HLOOKUP function however can not get it to work.

I am trying to identify a specific date which returns the smallest number in a range of numbers. I would like the HLOOKUP to identify a specific date where a business makes the biggest loss. So if I new that the biggest losses that the company made were say 100,000 I would like to know which month this event occurred in.

1. In cell C30 I have run a MIN calculation to determine what the smallest number is over a range of numbers =MIN(Data!I32:DX32) (Data is the page that I am picking the numbers off)

2. I would then like to determine the date that the MIN number is in, so what I did was in the row above the string of numbers, I ran the dates which were monthly dates increasing by one month at a time. So the HLOOKUP I ran was
=HLOOKUP(C30,Data!I31:DX32,1,FALSE), where C30 represents the number from 1, row 31 are the dates and row 32 are the numbers.

The result I keep getting is #N/A ................very frustrating

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Hi and Welcome

Try

=INDEX(Data!I31:DX31, , MATCH(MIN(Data!I32:DX32), Data!I32:DX32, 0))

Upvote 0
That worked perfectly. Thanks so much

Is there any way for me to add up a row of data which then stopped adding when the specific date is reached as you described.

So for example if row 1 represented the dates, row 2 represented the monthly profits (losses ) and row 3 represented the accumulative profits (losses). I would like to then add up row 3 however would like the calculation to stop once the date was reached?

Upvote 0
Maybe like this

=SUM(OFFSET(Data!I33,,,1,MATCH(MIN(Data!I32:DX32),Data!I32:DX32,0)))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back