HLOOKUP assistance

350GTR

Hello fellow excel users. I have been trying to get HLOOKUP to work for me with no avail and am hoping that someone can assist me with my problem. Below is my situation:

What I am trying to do is the following:
- get the sum for "TM", "Other" and "Internet" each time that field is selected from the drop down list.

I was hoping HLOOKUP would do the job but I can not seem to get it to work unless I am using the incorrect function or not adding additonal information. Please assist...anyone??

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

350GTR

I apologize for leaving out some additional information.

- Categories labled as TM, Internet and Other are from a drop-down list on rows B3:K3
- These categories are represented with an amount on rows B4:K4

On column B18:B20, I am attempting to get the sum for each category amount when selected from the drop-down list
TM ? I know from adding it should be $1,085,250
Internet ? I know from adding it should be $275,000
Other ? I know from adding it should be $1,374,613
(Please see original screenshot from my first post)

How can I get HLOOKUP to sum these figures up for me without me manually adding them? Any suggestions???

Aladin Akyurek

MrExcel MVP
I apologize for leaving out some additional information.

- Categories labled as TM, Internet and Other are from a drop-down list on rows B3:K3
- These categories are represented with an amount on rows B4:K4

On column B18:B20, I am attempting to get the sum for each category amount when selected from the drop-down list
TM ? I know from adding it should be $1,085,250
Internet ? I know from adding it should be $275,000
Other ? I know from adding it should be $1,374,613
(Please see original screenshot from my first post)

How can I get HLOOKUP to sum these figures up for me without me manually adding them? Any suggestions???

=SUMIF($B$3:$K$3,"TM",$B$4:$K$4)

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rkmadasu