HLOOKUP multiple table arrays HOW DO I DO THIS? Pls help

steduffy

Hi Guys,

I have a HLOOKUP formula that looks at a table on a separate tab. I have 2 further tables in the same format but both on different tabs which I also want the formula to read. Basically the lookup value element of the formula contains all of the possibilities within those 3 seperate tables. Can someone help me on what I need to do to make this work. The current formula is:

=IFERROR(HLOOKUP(B133,CW!$1:$2,2,0),"")

the other 2 tabs are called WW and CC but where do I enter them within the formula so that it reads all 3? hope this makes sense.

Thank you

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
You havent explained this clearly.
Im assuming if its not on the first table you want to search the second, if not on the second table you want to search the third, yes?

=IFERROR(HLOOKUP(B133,CW!$1:$2,2,0),IFERROR(HLOOKUP(B133,WW!$1:$2,2,0),IFERROR(HLOOKUP(B133,CC!$1:$2,2,0),"VALUE DOES NOT EXIST ON ANY TABLE")))

Upvote 0
Hi thanks for your response. I tried that below and it doesnt work. So hopefully this will make more sense. So the formula is currently as I put in the initial thread in the yellow box and just looks at tab1 (and works fine). As we have 2 new teams (they have to be seperate tabs) I want the formula to identify in the TEAM based on what Employee name is in the EMPLOYEE collumn.

DateEmployeeHoursReasonAuthorised ByMeeting TimeTeam
Tab 1 CW
NameJoe Bloggs1Joe Bloggs2Joe Bloggs3Joe Bloggs4Joe Bloggs5
Role TypeCMCMCMCMCM
Tab 2 WW
NameJoe Bloggs6Joe Bloggs7Joe Bloggs8Joe Bloggs9Joe Bloggs10
Role TypeWWWWWWWWWW
Tab 3 CC
NameJoe Blogs11Joe Blogs12Joe Blogs13Joe Blogs14Joe Blogs15
Role TypeCCCCCCCCCC
<colgroup><col width="64" style="width: 48pt;"> <col width="86" style="width: 65pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3145;"> <col width="78" style="width: 59pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2852;"> <col width="96" style="width: 72pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3510;"> <col width="140" style="width: 105pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5120;"> <col width="124" style="width: 93pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4534;"> <col width="106" style="width: 80pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3876;"> <tbody> </tbody>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back