HLOOKUP with Comments

ndrey89

Hello, I am new to the forum as a registered user.

Can you help me with a source code or something in vba? What I need is to gather data with HLOOKUP and comments from another workbook and put them altogether in another. I need this because the initial file is in the server and is being modified every hour.

I already searched in forum but all I have found was VLOOKUP with Comments dource code with vba.

thanks and have a wonderful day to ya all.

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Howdy and welcome to the Forum

VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP are like twin brother & sister - almost the same but not quite as they work in slightly different ways! :p:biggrin:
The essential difference is in the orientation of the way they look for the Lookup_value (vertical vs horizontal)

• VLOOKUP looks for a value in a column, then returns the value on the same row in a specified offset column within the Table_array range.
  • HLOOKUP looks for a value in a row, then returns the value on the same column in a specified offset row within the Table_array range.

As such, any code you have which works for VLOOKUP should be easily adapted to suit a HLOOKUP.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guy Boot

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back