Hold Tag Auto Populate

Kuro Kuma22

Hello Everyone,

I'm creating a Hold Log for the company I work for and I want to make it fairly simply for our quality techs to fill out the information needed to put things on Hold. There are two tabs on the spreadsheet. One tab is fairly basic, they input the data of the Hold/Rework. This tab is used to input any and all relevant information:

b3JQWA.jpg

The second tab is the Hold/Rework Tag itself:

7mVO63.jpg

My goal here is to have them enter all of the information for the Hold on the first tab and then on the second tab all they have to do is enter the Hold Tag Number and it auto populates all of the information in all of the other sections. How would I code this?

Where... on the "Hold Tag" sheet? If so, why? Your concept of filling everything in on the "Hold Info" sheet and using the "Hold Tag" sheet as a viewer seems straightforward enough to me.
The fields meant to have auto complete enabled are on the Hold Info sheet. When it comes to entering in the product selection we have over 1,800 products to choose from and I'd like for them to be able to start typing the information in based on a list and it starts to auto complete so that they don't have to scroll through the entire list.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
So the code works quite well as long as the information is in the first row of the hold info sheet, and this is probably my mistake for not having more details, but ideally the code needs to search down column A on the Hold info sheet for the matching text entered into the C1 space of the Hold Tag Sheet and then populate with the info that's in the row where that number is found.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back