Hope Someone Can Help

razorblade

I have a Workbook with several sheets all of which are the same layout and 1 final sheet (Sheet6) which will give a list of all arrivals and departures.

I have dates along the top with Personel down the left side.

I need a macro or something that can look through sheets 1-5 on a specified column (date).

If there is an 'A'(Arrival) i need it to copy Column 'A', 'B', 'C' & 'D' into the same columns on Sheet 6. If it is an 'X'(Departure) i need it to insert Columns 'A', 'B', 'C' & 'D' into 'F', 'G', 'H' & 'I' on sheet 6.

Hope someone can help. I can send a dummy copy of the workbook to anyone if they want to have a play around and understand better.

Sorry for the lame description :oops:

Many thanks in advance

David

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Hello,

Can you not give a small example of the data here? i.e. Sheet 1 cells A1:C3

also give a small example of Sheet6?

Upvote 0
Hello,

OK, so how do you want this to work? can you explain it step be step?

No doubt there will be some questions.

Upvote 0
I need something that will look through Sheets 1-5 and if there is an 'A' or 'X' Copy the Name, Title, Shift & Vantage info onto Sheet 6 into the relevant side ('A' - Arrivals, 'X' - Departures)

For Example if you look at Sheet 1-5 Column 'AD' (Thurs 26th) the 1st we come to is 'X' in AD:16.

A:16, B:16, C:16 & D:16 will go into F:6, G:6, H:6 & I:6 on Sheet 6

Because there is an 'A' directly below (in AD:17) then A:17, B:17, C:17 & D:17 will go into A:6, B:6, C:6 & D:6 on Sheet 6

If there is only an 'X' or an 'A' present i.e. AD:37 then the adjacent spaces on sheet 6 would remain empty.
(A:37, B:37, C:37 & D:37 will go into F:#, G:#, H:# & I:# and A:#, B:#, C:# & D:# will remain blank)

I'm not sure if that is possible to get the lining up but even if i could just get a list of all 'X' on the Departures side of Sheet 6 and all 'A' on the Arrivals side of sheet 6 that would be great.

Many thanks

Upvote 0
Would it be possible to make it a variable so that i could say like i want to find out Arrivals and departures for Friday October 20th so i'd just change the code to Column X then for the 30th i'd change it to AH

Upvote 0
Is anyone having any luck with this?

It doesn't really matter about pairing up the results on Sheet 6 i guess just a list of Arrivals and Departures would be just as good.

Thanks Again :biggrin:

Upvote 0
Hello,

this is really long winded and duplicates the second of each pair, but how is it for starters?

Code:
Sub arrival_departure()
    MY_DATE = Sheets("Sheet6").Range("A2").Value
    For MY_WORKSHEETS = 1 To 5
        Worksheets(MY_WORKSHEETS).Activate
        For MY_MATCH_DATE = 5 To Range("IV4").End(xlToLeft).Column
            If MY_DATE = Cells(4, MY_MATCH_DATE).Value Then
                For MY_ROWS = 5 To Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row
                    If Cells(MY_ROWS, MY_MATCH_DATE).Value = "X" Or Cells(MY_ROWS, MY_MATCH_DATE).Value = "A" Then
                    MY_CELLS = Cells(MY_ROWS, MY_MATCH_DATE).Value & Cells(MY_ROWS + 1, MY_MATCH_DATE).Value
                    Select Case Left(MY_CELLS, 1)
                    Case "X"
                        If Right(MY_CELLS, 1) = "A" Then
                            Range("A" & MY_ROWS & ":E" & MY_ROWS).Copy
                                Sheets("Sheet6").Range("F65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial (xlValues)
                            Range("A" & MY_ROWS + 1 & ":E" & MY_ROWS + 1).Copy
                                Sheets("Sheet6").Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial (xlValues)
                        Else
                            Sheets("Sheet6").Range("A" & Sheets("sheet6").Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row).Value = "-"
                        End If
                    Case "A"
                        If Right(MY_CELLS, 1) = "X" Then
                            Range("A" & MY_ROWS + 1 & ":E" & MY_ROWS + 1).Copy
                        Else
                            Sheets("Sheet6").Range("F" & Sheets("sheet6").Range("F65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row).Value = "-"
                           End If
                    End Select
                    End If
                Next MY_ROWS
            End If
        Next MY_MATCH_DATE
    Next MY_WORKSHEETS

End Sub

Upvote 0
Now for the stupid question...

Where do i put this code and how do i run it etc.

I suck at Macros, Scripts Etc :oops:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back