Hopefull this one must be simplier to understand

Puggwash

Board Regular
I have 5 columns (lets say C, D, E, F and G). In each column I have 20 rows. This gives me a total of 100 cells.
In Column A1, I have a figure that tells how many of the cells that need to be coloured. I have done this through conditional formatting and works very well.
I want now to show in B1 a figure that decides whether or not (when entered) to add or take away the coloured cells depending on the figure that is in A1.
Can this be done??

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple

Puggwash

Board Regular
Has anyone had a look at what im after. I have been stuck on this now for months and need urgent help.

jindon

MrExcel MVP
I have 5 columns (lets say C, D, E, F and G). In each column I have 20 rows. This gives me a total of 100 cells.
In Column A1, I have a figure that tells how many of the cells that need to be coloured. I have done this through conditional formatting and works very well.
I want now to show in B1 a figure that decides whether or not (when entered) to add or take away the coloured cells depending on the figure that is in A1.
Can this be done??

How are you colouring the number of cells matches A1 figure?

Can't you just change the number to A1-B1?

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thepinkbird