Horizontal lines in Access Report

domtrump

Board Regular
I create a new report in Access 2007. There is a blue hairline horizontal line across the top. After I resize fields, I need to resize the line. However, I cannot seem to find a way to select it! Is there some trick to selecting the line to resize it?

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Open the properties of the report and at the top of the properties there is a drop down if you select the drop down it will give you your line number then select it then its properties you can adjust the relevant parts.

Upvote 0
Open the properties of the report and at the top of the properties there is a drop down if you select the drop down it will give you your line number then select it then its properties you can adjust the relevant parts.

What exactly am I looking for in the drop down? I see things like "Report Header 1", "Text2", "Label3", etc. but I dont see anything with the word "Line" in it. Am I not understanding you correctly?

Upvote 0
Make sure you open the report in Desgin view and ensure you have the Report Properties selected, it should show you the word Line6 or some similar number in the list at the top in the drop down arrow.

Upvote 0
Make sure you open the report in Desgin view and ensure you have the Report Properties selected, it should show you the word Line6 or some similar number in the list at the top in the drop down arrow.

Well, I am looking in the right place, but there is no "Line#" in the drop down. Is it possible that it isnt a line object but some other type of formatting applied to the field label?

I created the report simply by clicking the REPORT button on the Create menu (from the ribbon).

Upvote 0
Well, I am looking in the right place, but there is no "Line#" in the drop down. Is it possible that it isnt a line object but some other type of formatting applied to the field label?

I created the report simply by clicking the REPORT button on the Create menu (from the ribbon).

I have exactly the same scenario -- I can see a line showing in the report, but it really doesn't seem to be a control. Nor does it seem to be an underline or outline of a control.

Any ideas as to what it is and how to resize it?

Upvote 0
I was able to recreate this issue by creating a report using the wizard. To get rid of the line, you need to select all, (control A), then with the arrange tab on the ribbon selected, click on the remove icon. This separates all control movements from being in sync and eliminates the lines in question that separates the body of the report from the header.

I suspect that this was not obvious to most experienced forum participants because they seldom use wizards to create reports, forms or queries.

Alan

Upvote 0
That did the trick, though I'm still not sure what that line really WAS. Having to undo the whole layout to get rid of it seems like a convoluted process!

Thanks, though, since it is now gone and I could replace it with a specifically-drawn horizontal line that I can size however I want.

Upvote 0
The line was part of the built in Themes of Access that arise when you use the wizard.

Alan

Upvote 0
I realize this is a really old question, but I had the exact same problem and the solution given here didn't solve it for me. However, I did finally stumble on the answer. The line was a picture. I found it in the form properties (or it may have been the form header?) and I was able to delete it there.

Upvote 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back