Hotkeys for Renaming and moving Sheets

Pyromantic

Board Regular
Right, so I admit it. I'm a hotkey junky, I want to learn everything I can to save even just a few seconds.

Right now, I was just curious are there any hotkeys that allow me to:

1.) Rename the activesheet
2.) Open the Move or sheet sheet window

And in addition to that, are there any resources on the net that list all available hotkeys for Excel ? I find that the help files are incomplete.

Thanks for reading!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.

DominicB

Good afternoon Pyromantic

I don't beleive there are standard hotkeys for those actions, but you could quite easily write your own and store them in the personal.xls sheet or an add-in. These combinations will do what you require :
Alt + ohr
Alt + em

As to your other question, Chip Pearson's site has a couple of sheets available for download that generates a list of all available Excel hotkeys.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ShortCuts.htm

HTH

DominicB

GlennUK

Hi Pyromantic,

you may be a hotkey junkie, but the Mouse actions for Rename and Move Sheet are so easy I doubt you'll find a hotkey to match. To Rename a sheet double-click the tab and the Rename dialog is displayed. To Move a sheet click and hold when clicking on the Tab, and drag to the desired sheet position.

Pyromantic

Board Regular
Thansk for the help guys. I agree, if the mouse is already in the palm of your hand, it's quick enough to use it but I find more and more my fingers seem stuck to the keyboard.

Cheers

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCH

This Week's Hot Topics