Hourly Spreadsheet

nickynoo

Hi

I need to create a spreadsheet detailing the hours that my co-workers work. Themanual calculation of these hours has become a huge task.

I have already created the spreadsheet needed and would upload it but it seemsthis site will not allow me to post attachments - perhaps this is because thisis my first post.

From the hours an employee works during the month (our working month runs from25th to 24th of the next month) - I need to extract certain bits ofinformation.
The following is needed:
How many Sundays were worked?
How many hours were worked on a Sunday? (Sunday work is paid at a differentrate to normal rate)
How many public holidays were worked?
How many hours were worked on a public holiday? (Holiday work is paid at adifferent rate to Sunday rate and to normal rate)
How many shifts were worked over the entire month? (employees receive a mealallowance for each shift that they work)
How many days off were taken during the month? (used for administrationpurposes)
How many night shifts were worked? (a night shift is any shift (regardless ofday) where work happens after 6 pm)
How many hours were worked after 6 pm? (used for administration purposes)
If an employee has a total of hours worked of more the 195 hours, 195 hours ispaid at the normal rate and the remainder is paid at an overtime rate)
If an employee works more than 5 hours on any given day (does not matter if itis a Sunday or a holiday) an hour lunch is automatically subtracted from theirhours worked.

I need to print out an employees times enter in the spreadsheet periodicallyfor verification purposed, the employee also needs to see their"totals" of hours (Sunday hours, holiday hours, etc.) It would be somuch easier if I could upload my spreadsheet then I could show exactly what I'vealready done. a further complication is that I have employees that work aproper night shift, they start at 7 pm and finish at 7 am. I also havepermanent and casual staff members - the permanent staff members receivecertain allowance based on the above whereas casual staff are not entitled tothese allowances and are only paid for the hours they work, no overtime, Sundayhours or holiday hours.

Nick
<o:p></o:p>

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
posting guides are in the forum rules, which will stand you in good stead with other "CAN I's"

Upvote 0
Im not asking for someone to do this spreadsheet for me, if I could upload what I already have do it will be seen that I have developed most of this spreadsheet already, I turned to this forum because I am stuck and am hoping to get some pointers in the right direction.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back