How Best To Move Lots Of Data From One Workbook To Different Cells On Another Workbook

Bingo969

Board Regular
Good Afternoon -

I'm using Excel 2010 and Win7.

I need to move data from multiple workbooks that often have some different formats over to a standardized template.

I feel there has to be a way to somewhat automate this. The biggest issue is that not all the fields on the template will appear on the various workbooks.

I have a formula that will call data from other workbooks, even if closed. For each vendor, all invoices and the related template will be in a dedicated folder (IE - Vendor1 invoices and Vendor1 template will be in a folder. Vendor2 Invoice and Vendor2 template will be in a folder, etc).

The positive is that ALL invoices are subtotatled, so I know the word "subtotal" will always appear on any line I need to get data from.

So say for vendor 1, is there a way I can search for the string 'subtotal', count over 4 spaces to the right and then return that value. Then count over 8 spaces from 'subtotal' to find a second value. Then continue to find the next occurance of the string 'subtotal', count over 4 spaces, return value, 8 spaces, return value and so on until it doesn't find 'subtotal' any more?

I hope this makes sense. Thank you for any suggestions you can offer.

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back