How can DSUM be used on Pivottable data

provincial

I want to dsum selected data from a pivot table but get an error #Value when either using the column or row headers in the pivottable or even if external column and row labels are input to the left and above the pivottable data.

Paul

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
provincial,

Maybe it's just me, but, I can't figure out how the Pivot Table couldn't do the same as the dsum?

Dufus

Upvote 0
I am using the pivottable as a datasource for a series of other reports. The report is based on selecting data based on variables (the DSUM criteria) and I don't want to change the structure of the pivottable which would affect other reports reading from the same data (with different criteria). I am using a pivottable as a datasource to 'crosstab' the data from the underlying datasource.............sounds complicated, it is (maybe overly so). I guess if I could get Query to return a crosstab dataset, I would not need the pivottable although I do use the field variables in pivottable to change my period selection.

Paul

Upvote 0
provincial,

I don't want to change the structure of the pivottable which would affect other reports reading from the same data

You could always copy the existing Pivot Table (the underlying data remains the same) and make changes that answer the crosstab question couldn't you?

Dufus

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back