How can I convert only the text WITHIN excel cells to HTML code.

fer_ferdinand

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
I work in copywriting and one of the columns in the lay outs we do require HTML code (for the products we upload to our webpage), but if I copy an entire column to an HTML converter it will obviously turn the table to HTML too. Is there a way or a webpage that can change ONLY the text within the cells without changing the formatting of the table? To paste it again into the excel spreadsheet for the lay out.

Example:

Imagine three hundres of these:
Tazón de Melamina de la marca Best Home de 15 cm con diseño navideño de Feliz Navidad Caligrafía. Ideal para decorar la mesa de tu hogar u obsequiar en todas tus fiestas navideñas.
Tazón de Melamina de la marca Best Home de 15 cm con diseño navideño de Feliz Navidad. Ideal para decorar la mesa de tu hogar u obsequiar en todas tus fiestas navideñas.
Tazón de Melamina de la marca Best Home de 15 cm con diseño navideño de muñeco de nieve. Ideal para decorar la mesa de tu hogar u obsequiar en todas tus fiestas navideñas.

To these:

<p>Taz&oacute;n de Melamina de la marca Best Home de 15 cm con dise&ntilde;o navide&ntilde;o de Feliz Navidad Caligraf&iacute;a. Ideal para decorar la mesa de tu hogar u obsequiar en todas tus fiestas navide&ntilde;as.</p>
<p>Taz&oacute;n de Melamina de la marca Best Home de 15 cm con dise&ntilde;o navide&ntilde;o de Feliz Navidad Caligraf&iacute;a. Ideal para decorar la mesa de tu hogar u obsequiar en todas tus fiestas navide&ntilde;as.</p>
<p>Taz&oacute;n de Melamina de la marca Best Home de 15 cm con dise&ntilde;o navide&ntilde;o de Feliz Navidad. Ideal para decorar la mesa de tu hogar u obsequiar en todas tus fiestas navide&ntilde;as.</p>

WITHOUT having to change each one on an HTML converter.

I want to be able to copy the first table and get the EXACT second one. Keep the table. Only convert the text within. It is very time consuming to go one by one. I STILL want it in the excel spreadsheet to save it as CSV and upload to a website.

I'm attaching an example of how I'm requested to have a master lay out, with the text in one column in HTML format.

Hopefully someone can help me. It's such waste of time to work like this :C

Attachments

• lay out example.PNG
    lay out example.PNG
    22.8 KB · Views: 64

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
If you put the original text in Column A (starting with Cell A1), then put this formula in Cell B1 and fill it down, this will do the trick. (I got the HTML codes for all of the Spanish characters from here Learn the HTML Codes for Spanish Language Characters .)
Excel Formula:
=CONCATENATE("<p>",SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Á","&Aacute;"),"á","&aacute;"),"É","&Eacute;"),"é","&eacute;"),"Í","&Iacute;"),"í","&iacute;"),"Ñ","&Ntilde;"),"ñ","&ntilde;"),"Ó","&Oacute;"),"ó","&oacute;"),"Ú","&Uacute;"),"ú","&uacute;"),"Ü","&Uuml;"),"ü","&uuml;"),"«","&laquo;"),"»","&raquo;"),"¿","&iquest;"),"¡","&iexcl;"),"€","&euro;"),"</p>")

(And by the way, the third translation you had in the "Example" was incorrect, but I tested my "translator" at Tryit Editor v3.7 and found that it gave the correct result.)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back