How can I create a matrix of 300 x 300 automatically in excel

Abdmujib

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
The Picture attached is a matrix of 10 X 10 (10 columns and 10 rows). I did it manually then and it was tedious. there is now a need to do at least 300 x 300. Pls is there a way to get it done easily without doing it manually.

Thanks

Note: The earlier post got deleted and I didn't understand the reason (Was deleted reasons: pls do not bump your tread with 24hrs, as it lessen your chance of getting help).

Attachments

• 1660421548252.png
    1660421548252.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 1660421731809.png
    1660421731809.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 19

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Note: The earlier post got deleted and I didn't understand the reason (Was deleted reasons: pls do not bump your tread with 24hrs, as it lessen your chance of getting help).
... and now you've duplicated the question here: Building Matrix of range of Numbers

Can you please post your 10x10 matrix using XL2BB so that we can properly see what formulae you're using, and which cells they are pointing to.

It looks like you have hard-coded various numbers, 3, 4, etc, rather than pointing to the relevant cells. If fixed, this should allow you to set up a 300x300 in only a minute or two.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yes, that's what I wanted to do with function but I don't know of it's possible for 300x300

Upvote 0
What do you mean by 300x300?

One football game with the possibility of a score up to 300 vs 300?! That's very easy to do with the same formula - but hardly realistic.

Or do you mean something different?

Upvote 0
I created another ome because, I was notified that the first one got deleted.

Upvote 0
Planning to replicate it for sports like Basketball
You should be able to easily expand my formula for more than 10 rows/columns?

Whether it's appropriate to assume independent Poisson distributions is another question.

For football, you might find some supporting evidence. But a quick Google suggests that statisticians (as opposed to gamblers) generally look to more sophisticated models, such as non-homogeneous Poisson, bivariate Poisson, or something else altogether.

For basketball, the scoring is more complex, and I doubt you'll find much supporting evidence for independent Poisson distributions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I once read about Bivariate poisson distribution but I didn't see any article that could guid me on that.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back