How can I create a Word template and fill some of its fields from specific cells of an Excel sheet/workbook?

excelos

How can I create a Word template and fill some of its fields from specific cells of an Excel sheet/workbook?

Is that possible?

Any guide how to do it?

Thanks!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)

Macropod

Retired Moderator
The how depends on what you're trying to achieve - automatic updating of one document from the same set of cells, preparing multiple documents for bulk mailings, etc. etc.

excelos

The how depends on what you're trying to achieve - automatic updating of one document from the same set of cells, preparing multiple documents for bulk mailings, etc. etc.

I want to achieve the former: automatic updating of one document from the same set of cells. It can also be one-click if not manual.

Macropod

Retired Moderator
Simply copy the Excel range you're interested in, then paste it into the Word document using Paste Special with the 'paste link' option and your preferred format. From then on, any changes to the Excel ranges concerned will be reflected in the Word document. No code required.

excelos

Simply copy the Excel range you're interested in, then paste it into the Word document using Paste Special with the 'paste link' option and your preferred format. From then on, any changes to the Excel ranges concerned will be reflected in the Word document. No code required.

It won't work like that as I want to format different parts of the text with different formattings, eg bold specific text etc.

Macropod

Retired Moderator
If you format the content in Excel the way you want, depending on the link format the formatting can carry over into the Word document.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snake68

This Week's Hot Topics