How can I create a Word template and fill some of its fields from specific cells of an Excel sheet/workbook?

excelos

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
How can I create a Word template and fill some of its fields from specific cells of an Excel sheet/workbook?

Is that possible?

Any guide how to do it?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
The how depends on what you're trying to achieve - automatic updating of one document from the same set of cells, preparing multiple documents for bulk mailings, etc. etc.

Upvote 0
The how depends on what you're trying to achieve - automatic updating of one document from the same set of cells, preparing multiple documents for bulk mailings, etc. etc.

I want to achieve the former: automatic updating of one document from the same set of cells. It can also be one-click if not manual.

Upvote 0
Simply copy the Excel range you're interested in, then paste it into the Word document using Paste Special with the 'paste link' option and your preferred format. From then on, any changes to the Excel ranges concerned will be reflected in the Word document. No code required.

Upvote 0
Simply copy the Excel range you're interested in, then paste it into the Word document using Paste Special with the 'paste link' option and your preferred format. From then on, any changes to the Excel ranges concerned will be reflected in the Word document. No code required.

It won't work like that as I want to format different parts of the text with different formattings, eg bold specific text etc.

Upvote 0
If you format the content in Excel the way you want, depending on the link format the formatting can carry over into the Word document.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back