How can I edit my posts ?

At the bottom of your post, you'll see a button that says "Edit Post". You can click that to edit your posts, but you only have 10 minutes to do so. After that, the button will not show up.

Last edited:
is it possible to edit or replace one of my posts from more than 10 mins ago? I've just realised that it contains some things which would be better not in the public domain... I have a edited version ready to replace it but it was more than 10 mins ago :(

Miles

If you need to clarify something or correct something, you can just reply back to the post.

If you have personal or sensitive information that needs to be removed, you can click on the Report button under the post, and ask the Moderator team to remove the sensitive parts.

Oh, I didn't want to bother the mod but if that's an OK way of doing it I'll do that.

Thanks

Miles

You will however have to tell us what you need changing... ;)

• You may not edit your posts

Is there a reason I cannot edit my posts in my own thread, atleast not on the general Excel forum? I make quite alot of mistakes and I most of the time only find them after having pressed post and read my gibberish I just outputted. :P

You should have 10 minutes after posting in which you can edit your own posts.

You should have 10 minutes after posting in which you can edit your own posts.

Hmm, I did not see it after my last post in my own thread, but I ofcourse might just be blind. According to the posting permissions I do not have permission at all to edit my own posts.

Ah, I just noticed your post count. Until you have made a certain number of posts, you do not have editing permissions. Until then (and indeed after that!) your best bet is to preview and proofread your own posts before you post them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back