How can I Formati a column to show a reading age as YY/MM

Paulet

Hi I'm struggling to change the format of my information to show reading ages in the YY/MM range. I already have info and when I custon and change to YY/MM it changes all the years to 19 from any year age ie 10/11 = 10yrs 11 monthes. but when I custom format the cell it changes to 19/11 - any ideas. I wasting to much time that I don't have on trying to work this out my self - fingers crossed and thank you for reading my thread:confused::ROFLMAO::eek:

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
This can be easily accomplished using Power Query. Load your file to PQ. Split your column based upon the delimiter "/". Then merge your columns back using separator yrs. Then add months to the column using concatenate. Go to Home and Load and Close .

Upvote 0
If it is changing all years to 19 then when you enter the 10/11 excel is converting it to a date, presumably 10/11/2019. Formatting then to YY/MM will produce 19/11 depending on your date locale. Format these cells to number. What is showing in the cells?

Upvote 0
This can be easily accomplished using Power Query. Load your file to PQ. Split your column based upon the delimiter "/". Then merge your columns back using separator yrs. Then add months to the column using concatenate. Go to Home and Load and Close .

that's brilliant - thank you so much for your help and more importantly giving me time back in my day. kind regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back