How can I get workbook created when I have nowhere near the expertise required?

c1j1c2

Is there anyone that can help make a excel document to figure out points for speed events based off criteria that could be given, or is it incumbent against me to try to figure out and then ask questions? However, I just don't have the expertise to figure out the manipulation of possible required pivot tables, advanced formulas etc.

As an example I'm trying to figure out auto filled in points for a racing event based on multiple criteria like below, but these aren't the complete criteria.

Racer only gets points based off of best possible points in one of below scenario
Points given to 3 fastest times of the event no matter class entered into.
Points given on fastest time for car in specific entered class based off how many entrants in that class
Points given off fastest time for car in possible multiple sub-classes based off how many sub-classes and entrants

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Can you post some sample data or are you starting from scratch?

Upvote 0
Two categories of points. If you recieve bonus points, you can't receive regular points. Only 1 set of bonus or regular points can be awarded. (You could be qualified to receive 9 points for 3rd overall FTD, and 10 points for as fastest in sub-class, so you would be awarded the greater of the 2, which is 10. Bonus points are not cummulative. An entrant can only earn bonus points for a sub-group, group or overall FTD 1/2/3 placing.)

Overall bonus points
11 bonus points shall be awarded for overall FTD (Fast time of day)
10 bonus points shall be awarded for 2nd overall FTD
9 bonus points shall be awarded for 3rd overall FTD

10 bonus points are awarded for the fast time of day in the following groups ans sub-groups as long as there are at least 2 classes entered in the group or sub-group. (Meaning one car must exist in 2 seperate sub-groups, or 2 car must exist in one sub-group)

Group 1S, Group 1, and Group 2 in each of the following Sub-Groups as long as there are at least two(2) classes with drivers in the Sub-Group
-Sub-Group composed of classes CL, A/B, C/D
-Sub-Group composed of classes E, F/G
-Sub-Group composed of classes H, J/K
-Sub-Group composed of classes M, N

Group 3 in each of the following sub-Groups as long as there are at least two(2) classes entered with drivers in the Sub-Group
-Sub-group composed of classes CL, A/B
-Sub-group composed of classes E, H, K
-Sub-group composed of classes RP, RPAF

Attachments

• Example.jpg
    Example.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0
Okay, I figured out how to do 95% of the computations. The worksheet is huge, but ultimately works for most of it. Can't figure out one part, but still working on it.

Upvote 0
FYI, I created a worksheet to do this, but has multiple mutiple tables to accomplish, what may have been able to be accomplished in formulas themselves. However, I think it's done with 99% accuracy.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinusJE

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back