How can I hide a row in listbox?

matix003

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have some records being displayed in a listbox. I want to be able to click on a record in the listbox and the click on a button to hide it. I do not want the row to be deleted from the excel sheet. How can I do this?

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Don't link the listbox to a range directly. Populate the control using an array, then you can remove items as you need to.

Upvote 0
Don't link the listbox to a range directly. Populate the control using an array, then you can remove items as you need to.
Hi @RoryA ,

This is the code for my listbox.
VBA Code:
Sub Employee_Listbox()

Dim sh As Worksheet
    Set sh = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("EMPMaster")

Dim last_row As Long
    last_row = Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(sh.Range("A:A"))
    If last_row = 1 Then last_row = 2

With Me.ListBox2
        .ColumnHeads = True
        .ColumnCount = 6
        .ColumnWidths = "150,70,100,50,70,0"
        .RowSource = sh.Name & "!A2:F" & last_row
    End With

End Sub
What changes do I need to make? Can you please help me out the code? Do I need to use autofilter?

Upvote 0
Change this:

Code:

to this:

Code:
.List = sh.Range("A2:F" & last_row).Value

You can then use removeitem in your other code without having to delete the actual data on the sheet.

Upvote 0
Solution
Change this:

Code:

to this:

Code:

You can then use removeitem in your other code without having to delete the actual data on the sheet.
Thank you so much! This works! I am not getting the headers anymore though. Should I create a separate listbox for the header or can it be done in the code that I have already provided?

Upvote 0
That is the trade-off. You can only use automatic column headers if the source data is in a range so you need to work around that in whatever way suits your setup. (could be another listbox; labels above the listbox; using the first row as headers)

Upvote 0
That is the trade-off. You can only use automatic column headers if the source data is in a range so you need to work around that in whatever way suits your setup. (could be another listbox; labels above the listbox; using the first row as headers)
I see. I will use another listbox for this.

Upvote 0
Change this:

Code:

to this:

Code:

This works but when I reload the userform the hidden rows get loaded as well into the listbox. Is there a way to stop hidden rows from getting displayed every time the userform is opened?

Upvote 0
You will have to loop through the range and only put the visible cells into an array. Give me a few minutes and I'll come up with some code for that.

Upvote 0
You will have to loop through the range and only put the visible cells into an array. Give me a few minutes and I'll come up with some code for that.
Sure. It would be of great help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audette89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back