How can I import multiple Excel workbooks into multiple MS access tables

casigl

I have a folder which currently has 96 sub-folders. Each working-day another sub-folder is added to this folder. The sub-folder all have the working-date (the folders creation date) as their name with YYMMDD as format (f.i. 170103 for Jan, 3rd 2017).

Each sub-folder contains 6 (different) Excel workbooks and they all have different names. However, the names for the workbooks stay the same in each sub-folder (so only the folder name changes each working-day).

Each of the 6 Excel workbooks has one sheet with data. The data structure of the sheets do not change but since each workbook table has a different data structure the 6 different workbooks have to be imported to different MS Access tables.

When doing the import each data-record needs to get the date of the folder minus one working day) as an additional data point.

I would like to import all the Excel workbook in one batch and then periodically (f.i. daily or weekly) import the additional Excel workbooks which have been created and are not yet imported.

Please let me know if you need more information about this task and your help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance!

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Welcome to the Board!

So, are you planning on doing this yourself, or are you looking to hire someone to do it for you?

If you are planning on doing this yourself, but just need help with certain parts, please post what you have managed to do so far, and which particular part you need help with. That is really how this board is designed to work - to help people with particular questions they have on a problem, not really do whole projects or consulting work for free.

If you would just like to have someone do the whole thing for you, please contact our consulting services: MrExcel.com | Excel Resources | Excel Seminars | Excel Products

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am open to hire someone to help me with this project. However, I want to understand and see how it is working in order to be able to do it in the future and to adjust it if needed. I contacted your email address consult@mrexcel.com but the message was rejected.

What do you need to know to make an offer?
How would it be priced?

Upvote 0
Did you see *why* the message was rejected? Mailbox full? Address bad? I'll look into it on our end, but any hints would help.

Upvote 0
Bill just cleared it. Please try again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back