How can I improve my 'AND' function for my weekly staff rota based on week number.

AndrewJelley

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
So I have created a rota in excel that uses conditional formatting to give me a visual display of who is in at what times.
=--AND($D3<=G$2,$E3>G$2)
So if I make a change in the D or E columns for the start time or finish time, the cells will display green for if they are in at that time, and blank if they are not in. I have this bit all complete.
My problem is now that I have to still type in the start and finish times manually. As you can see, I have in the screenshot; Team 1, Team 2, Office Hours, Perm AM and Perm PM. You can also see this worksheet is Week 49. I want to create a formula that I can put down the D column, that on an odd week, like week 49, will give those with 'Team 2' the start time of 14:30, and those on 'Team 1' the start time of 06:00, whilst leaving those on 'Office hours', 'Perm AM' and 'Perm PM' unaffected, and will also give each team the opposite hours if the week is even, such as Week 50. I will then adapt this formula for the E column to give the start times.
So far, I have this...
=AND(ISODD(B1),$B7="Team 2")
which returns me a value of true based on the week number being odd, and the Team being Team 2, how can I develop this further to give me the desired results?

If it's not possible to leave the 'Office hours', 'Perm AM' and 'Perm PM' unaffected, then I don't mind just applying the formula to the cells of those on the shift patterns, but a formula I can just run down the whole column would be much better if these people were to end up on Team 1 or Team 2.

any help will be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• week formula.PNG
    week formula.PNG
    72.5 KB · Views: 23

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
I have added to this myself
=IF(AND(ISODD($B$1),$B7="Team 2"),"14:30","06:00")
that I can apply to just the D column of the rows of people on either Team 1 or Team 2, but then my formula's in the other cells don't work with the newly updated cells??? and just leaves me with blank cells all the way along, instead of the bar of colour.

Upvote 0
How about
Excel Formula:
=IF(B3="","",IF(B3="Office",8,IF(B3="Perm AM",6,IF(B3="Perm PM",14.5,IF(B3="Team 1",IF(ISODD(B$1),6,14.5),IF(B3="Team 2",IF(ISODD(B$1),14.5,6),"")))))/24)

Upvote 0
How about
Excel Formula:
=IF(B3="","",IF(B3="Office",8,IF(B3="Perm AM",6,IF(B3="Perm PM",14.5,IF(B3="Team 1",IF(ISODD(B$1),6,14.5),IF(B3="Team 2",IF(ISODD(B$1),14.5,6),"")))))/24)
Thank you for this, but I've created a permutation table and used it as a reference, then I can update the table if anything changes.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back