How can I make a reorder form?

ycul222

Ok, sheet 1 lists 2000 products to reorder. I'd llike to put a check box next to each one so when it's checked sheet 2 will have a reorder list made. If I check item #'s 200, 300, and 800 I want only those items to show on sheet 2 cells A1 thru A3.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
ycul222

Welcome to the Mr Excel board!

This can be done with check boxes, but not able to show the results on this board. Try this for starters though.

On the 'Products' sheet, apply Data Validation to column B. (Allow: 'List', Source: Yes,No). This will allow you to use a drop-down list to choose 'Yes' for the items to reorder.

Formula in C1: =COUNTIF(B:B,"Yes")
Formula in C2 (copied down): =IF(B2="Yes",COUNTIF(B$2:B2,B2),"")

On the 'Reorder List' sheet, A2 (copied down):
=IF(ROW()-1>Products!$C$1,"",INDEX(Products!A:A,1+MATCH(ROW()-1,Products!C$2:C$2000,0)))

Is this heading in the right direction?
Mr Excel.xls
ABCD
1Part #Reorder?3
3101Yes1
4102Yes2
6104Yes3
Products
Mr Excel.xls
ABCD
1Reorder Parts
Reorder List

Upvote 0
reorder list

Yes, I think it's a start. I follow the first part but the second doesn't work. I get #REF!

=IF(ROW()-1>Products!$C$1,"",INDEX(Products!A:A,1+MATCH(ROW()-1,Products!C$2:C$11,0)))

suggestions?

Upvote 0
Re: reorder list

ycul222 said:
Yes, I think it's a start. I follow the first part but the second doesn't work. I get #REF!

=IF(ROW()-1>Products!$C$1,"",INDEX(Products!A:A,1+MATCH(ROW()-1,Products!C$2:C$11,0)))

suggestions?
Which cell on the 'Reorder List' sheet is this formula in? Did you COPY the above formula from your sheet to your post on the board? What are the values in C1:C11 of the 'Products' sheet?

Is the layout of the 'Products' sheet the same as my sample?

Can you post a small sample of each sheet? To do so, see the link at the bottom of this page to Colo's HTML Maker. Also read the ‘Sticky’ titled: 'HTML Maker FAQ (How to show your sheet on the board)' which is at the top of this ‘Excel Questions’ forum. Test it out in the ‘Test Here’ forum which is found in the ‘MrExcel Message Board Forum Index’ before trying to use it in this forum.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back