How can I make it so that a cell is formatted to the point where whatever number I type in stays the exact way that I typed it

popcornrulez

Pretty much I just need to be able to have zeroes in front of numbers without converting the number to text. And also note that the numbers that I am going to be pasting in that cell need to be able to be any size and still be able to keep the zeroes in front of them.

popcornrulez

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Can you post a copy of the file containing the hex data? I know you posted links to three zip files earlier, but I don't think they were hex data files. One was an exe (sorry, I won't run unknown exe files so I do not know what that was supposed to do), one was a Word doc that looked like plain English to me and the third was a text file containing this...

abcdefghikjcoiconsocaijeojsadiksowlspayu783kjs9&(826439810*)*&@&6537498djxmiswjsijdow8ucx/[p;sa]/
l[pk0oi398u-29408-0579ipoidkjpoiwedPOKWODSK)(IEOD

which is not hex data.

Upvote 0
The process that I need to happen is basically the same thing as if I was going to open one of those zip files in a hex editor, selecting all of the hex data, and then copying it into a cell. I don't currently have a way to export hex data to a .txt file right now... so I need a way for a VBA script to look at the files hex data, its not the same process as importing hex data from a text file.

Upvote 0
I also need a way to bypass the 32k cell limit... I don't know if that's possible, but I'm going to be working with big files, files up to at least 15GB.

Upvote 0
I also need a way to bypass the 32k cell limit... I don't know if that's possible, but I'm going to be working with big files, files up to at least 15GB.
To the best of my knowledge, a 15GB file is beyond most program's ability to handle, but I am sure it is way beyond Excel's ability. I think you will need to look into a database program of some sort which are built to dynamically load parts of large files as needed. In any event, databases are not my "thing", so I cannot offer you any more help on your question... sorry... I hope someone with database experience will join this thread and offer you advice on how to proceed.

Upvote 0
To the best of my knowledge, a 15GB file is beyond most program's ability to handle, but I am sure it is way beyond Excel's ability. I think you will need to look into a database program of some sort which are built to dynamically load parts of large files as needed. In any event, databases are not my "thing", so I cannot offer you any more help on your question... sorry... I hope someone with database experience will join this thread and offer you advice on how to proceed.

Okay, thanks for all of the stuff that you were able to help me with.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mesh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back