How can I pull data or scrap table for multiple pages from the given link below for a particular start date to end date using VBA or power query?

abhi221996

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
YAHOO FINANCE JAPAN

what I want is to get DATA from the above link From a particular start date to a particular End Date but the web page only displays 20 rows for a page . Is it possible to retrieve data from a particular starting date to a end date in a single sheet even if the data exceeds 20 rows as shown in the web page. For eg. if want data from date 2021/02/01 to 2021/12/01 in a single sheet from above link how is it possible any suggestions?

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
You will need to create multiple queries (one for each page) and then in Power Query combine the queries using the append function. You can then filter out the dates you don't want. I have no understanding of Japanese so it is difficult for me to help further as I don't really understand the web site data.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your consideration regarding this matter.
I think Japanese is not necessary in this case all I want is to get data tables in the excel sheet from a particular date to a particular date.
I can create multiple queries for each page and then combine them and then filtering the dates will make it a bit longer process if want this data from for eg AAPL or AMZN.
Isn't there a way I can create a function which will give me data only for date from start date to end date that I mention?

Upvote 0
Build a parameter query that inserts your dates into the URL by changing the static date in the current URL to variable.

Upvote 0
I tried to googled it but I didn't get it clearly how can I insert dates into the URL by changing the static date in the current URL to variable. can you give me some examples that how it can be done.

Upvote 0
Here is an example as to how to set up a Parameter Query. You should be able to extrapolate this type of parameter to a URL

Upvote 0
Solution
Thank you for your support I got an understanding that how can it be done .
the results are as follows:
I was able to load multiple pages data i none query and filtered the dates accordingly.
キャプチャ.PNG

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oculus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back