How can I restrict access to source code?

aryan_hr

Board Regular
Hi,
I wrote a big program in VBA which I need to restrict access to. what's the best way to password protect a VBA code, please?
I can put a password for my project in "VBAProject properties" but I am sure that there is an other secure way !!!!
any help?????
best wishes

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
I'm afraid it isn't the fanciest means of protection, but you can also change the color of your font to match the background. That way if someone was able to get past your password, they would only see a bunch of blank pages. I'm not sure if there is a way to create a OPEN VISUAL BASIC event, but if you can figure it out, you can always have a hidden cell that must meet some sort of criteria before you can even open VBE. It's late and I'm just crapping out ideas......

Upvote 0
Hi aryan_hr,

Yes, to my knowledge password protecting the VBAProject is the best and most secure way. But also be aware that unless the password is at least 9 characters in length and contains numeric characters it can be easily broken by any number of password-breaking codes, many of which can be downloaded for free on the internet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back