How can I rotate a chart 90 degree?

yabi100

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have two columns, let say x and z of 30 points. Where z is depth and should be shown in vertical axis. And if I can show it downward, it will be perfect. I use x,y (scatter) to draw the chart which is OK but Z appears in horizontal axis but I want it to be shown in vertical axis. Simply it looks like I want to rotate the chart 90 degrees. How can I exchange z and x values in the chart?

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Hi
I think is better for you to read at this article

Bye bye,
Mario
Dear Mario
Thanks for your reply. The site is really unusual specially with its amazing animation made with Excel which is unbilivble, Bit I could not open the pdf file, apparently the file is moved. I would appreciate if you could send the pdf file by uploading to cloud space and send the link here.

Upvote 0
Hi
I think is better for you to read at this article

Bye bye,
Mario
Dear Mario
Thanks for your reply. The site is really unusual specially with its amazing animation made with Excel which is unbilivble, Bit I could not open the pdf file, apparently the file is moved. I would appreciate if you could send the pdf file by uploading to cloud space and send the link here.
Hi
The article is in PowerPoint!
Try another article at this address (but is in Italian)

Hi,
Mario
Thanks but I don't know Italian.

Upvote 0
Hi
I think is better for you to read at this a
Hello
At this address you may see the file that I made in which I added an English translation.
Hope it helps.
Hello,
Mario
Dear Mario
Thanks for sending the link. What I understand from the link, it is how to obtain coordinates of a rotated object (here a triangle) from original object. This is a good thing to know but my question is not this. I have two columns of nu,bers, let say A and B, when I draw the chart, A becomes horizontal axis in the chart and B vertical. I want them to be vise-versa. A becomes vertical and B horzontal. This looks like I rotate the chart and that is why I used rotation in the title of my question, but acctually I want interchange place of x and y in the chart.
rticle

Bye bye,
Mario
Dear Mario
Hi
The article is in PowerPoint!
Try another article at this address (but is in Italian)

Hi,
Mario
Thanks but I don't know Italian.

Upvote 0
Can you not just edit the series and swap the X and Y ranges around?
Yes that is exactly what I want to do, but tried few things with no result. Do you mean I rearrange thier position in the Series function? I haven't tried this solution. Let me try it. In show data I clicked the buttion on top which says change but the result is not what I want and is completely wrong.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jocksteriom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back