how can I sum stop watch time

msamir12

Hi all,
I have an access stopwatch form that records the stop watch result in a table and I want to sum the table results to give me the result per day and then the result per month for all time recorded in this table from the stopwatch .. the time count is in this form 00:00:00:00

Please I need fast responce

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
What does your data look like? Help us help you.

thnks for respond I will attach the link for my file and you can check it ..

I have an access form works as a stopwatch and when I press the reset button it records the result into a field in a table I want to "sum" the time column to know the sum of the whole time per day from that table .. please check the below link and answer me

file link stopwatch3 - Download - 4shared - Hamza Mostaaf

Upvote 0
or just copy and paste from Excel if it's not too complex. That will automatically create an HTML table.

Upvote 0
That is your response to a request for data instead of having to download a file? There isn't even a clue as to what version it is.

Upvote 0
I work on office 2007 and the table is like that
ID
time

<tbody>
</tbody>

00:00:00:31
5300:00:00:43
5500:00:00:00
5600:00:00:15
5800:00:04:18
5900:00:00:18
6000:00:00:57
6300:00:10:46

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I went to the download site and all I can say is, yikes. Video commercials/ads, multiple links with who knows what included in the download...not for me. Would trust Google file sharing, though.
Is your data days:hours:minutes:seconds (dd:hh:nn:ss) or hours:minutes:seconds:milliseconds (hh:nn:ss:fff)? I think the former, but usually a stopwatch function records milliseconds using the GetTickCount in the kernel32 dll library. An elapsed time result would look like 32887116 without formatting or conversion. Perhpas you are storing the data in the table this way, but are formatting it to show in one of the ways I just asked about?

This might be as simple as a Totals query where you sum the time field and group by date using a date (for a single day) or a date range (for a month) as date criteria.

Upvote 0
just found out this is cross posted 2 other places but not declared in any of them, so I'm done now.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back