how can manual entries be added in advanced filtered data

Shilpa M

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have created a advanced filter for a bulk data but other people will update the comments, name and date column manually in filtered data

If manually the comments column is entered and if we again filter those details are disappearing.

Can you suggest an idea for this problem

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Hi, do you know if the comments field is one of the fields being filtered? Or, is the team putting data into a filtered value that would remove the record from consideration of filtering?

If you can post some sample data (anonymized if you need to) using the xl2bb add in it would be helpful. Link is below.

Upvote 0
Once the data is filtered. If we have to say something specific about particular product. It has to be mentioned in comments column. So if i add and filter, the comments disappears.

Is there any solution to manually input the comments

Upvote 0
Thanks but, that repeats your requirment, but it does not answer my question about what you are filtering.
If you are filtereing for something like <> "* xyx *" and the user types "xyx" in the comment then it will be removed.

Upvote 0
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
Are you filtering in place, or using copy to another location

Upvote 0
Thanks but, that repeats your requirment, but it does not answer my question about what you are filtering.
If you are filtereing for something like <> "* xyx *" and the user types "xyx" in the comment then it will be removed.
I have criterias which i filter and sometimes for those criterias we have to add comments. If we add comment and save it will stay but if i filter for another criteria it disappears.

I need a solution as how to retain those comments in advanced filter sheet.

Please help.

Upvote 0
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
Are you filtering in place, or using copy to another location
I am using copy to another location. I have a raw data; in one sheet which i update regularly with new entries.

Those entries i have made a advanced filter opton ot another sheet with criteria But i am not able ot add comments which disappears., if i filter again.

Please help

Upvote 0
can you please share those filtering requirements? and give an example of before and after rows that are not showing up?

Upvote 0
Those entries i have made a advanced filter opton ot another sheet with criteria But i am not able ot add comments which disappears., if i filter again.
No you wont, the comments need to be added to the original data. Changing something on the filtered list will not affect the master list.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back