How do I boot up my PC and Install windows?

Adrian1

Board Regular
Hi All,

I know this isn't excel related but I don't know where else to turn!

I have formatted my C: drive on my PC at home and don't have a boot disk so that I can re-install windows. Does anyone have any ideas where I go from here? I guess that I will need some sort of CD rom driver. I have a disk with Config.sys and autoexec.bat on it which I created in windows (and thought I would be able to boot up from).

I would really appreciate some help on this as I can't use my computer now. I have access to another PC which has windows NT on it. Is there any way I can maybe download the files I need and put them on a floppy. I gotta get that CD Rom drive working so that I can install windows and Office

Helo Please!!! :rolleyes:

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Most systems now allow you to boot directly to the CD-ROM. It sounds like yours might be an older one. You will need to get the DOS drivers for the CD-ROM(Hopefully the company that made the CD-ROM still has them available), and set them up on your autoexec.bat and config.sys.
Once everything is setup, you should be able to type "D:" on the prompt to go to the CD-ROM to run the windows setup.exe.
Once you have everything setup, make sure you put that disk somewhere safe, just in case.

Upvote 0
Adrian1 said:
Hi All,

I know this isn't excel related but I don't know where else to turn!

Helo Please!!! :rolleyes:

Well if u know this is not realted to Excel u should have tried Google to search for the answer to your query. Please DON'T SPAM HERE!!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickdozaj

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back