How do I calculate Absolute Value in a cell not aligned with rows used in the array?

TIfinance

Is there a way to calculate Absolute Value in a cell that's not aligned with the rows used in the array? I'm using ABS(I33:39) but it only calculates if the cell I place the ABS formula in is somewhere in rows 33-39.

Here are the formula's I'm using...
Works just fine in any row:
<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit;">INDEX($A$33:$A$39,MATCH(LARGE($I$33:$I$39,K10),$I$33:$I$39,0))</code>
Returns as false or " " with ABS when this formula is not calculated in a cell between rows 33-39.
<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit;">

=IF(ABS($I$33:$I$39)>=1%,INDEX($A$33:$A$39,MATCH(LARGE($I$33:$I$39,K10),$I$33:$I$39,0)),"")</code>

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Hi.

It appears that you wish the LARGE formula to only take into consideration values in I33:I39 which meet your specified condition, correct? If so, that condition should be placed within the actual LARGE function, not preceding it, i.e.:

=INDEX($A$33:$A$39,MATCH(LARGE(IF(ABS($I$33:$I$39)>=1%,$I$33:$I$39),K10),IF(ABS($I$33:$I$39)>=1%,$I$33:$I$39),0))

which also requires committing as an array formula**.

Regards

**Array formulas are not entered in the same way as 'standard' formulas. Instead of pressing just ENTER, you first hold down CTRL and SHIFT, and only then press ENTER. If you've done it correctly, you'll notice Excel puts curly brackets {} around the formula (though do not attempt to manually insert these yourself).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon Leenders

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back