How do I change the grouping of radio buttons aka option buttons?

dan7055

In excel VBA, the radio buttons are grouped together in a sense that if you selection one radio button, it deselects the other so that only one can be checked at a time.

However, how do I have two different sets of option buttons on the same sheet that don't get grouped together?

Thanks,
Dan

I can only guess. The order of adding the boxes and controls is the culprit. Add a box before you add the controls you want in it.
I cannot duplicate the problem no matter what order I add any of the controls in.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Update: I made my group boxes way bigger than the area I had my buttons in. I have clicked on everything 3 times already and they seem to be working(after 3 days!!!!!) if they act up again I will share my workbook with you to see and diagnose my spreadsheet MENTAL issues. lol

I am glad this problem finally made me create an account here. I've been always reading silently. now I got a chance to say hi.
Glad you got it sorted out.

I cannot duplicate the problem no matter what order I add any of the controls in.
Just curious, did you try adding the controls first, then adding boxes and assigning the controls to them?

Upvote 0
Glad you got it sorted out.

Just curious, did you try adding the controls first, then adding boxes and assigning the controls to them?
Yes, I even tried half the option buttons first, then a group box, then another group box and then some more option buttons and I arranged the option buttons so the the half I put down first was in locations that would be covered by different group boxes and the second half of the option buttons was distributed some into group box and the rest into the other group box.

Upvote 0
Yes, I even tried half the option buttons first, then a group box, then another group box and then some more option buttons and I arranged the option buttons so the the half I put down first was in locations that would be covered by different group boxes and the second half of the option buttons was distributed some into group box and the rest into the other group box.
Well, that destroys another myth I've been suffering under - always thought it was boxes first then buttons. Thanks for doing that test! :)

Upvote 0
Well, that destroys another myth I've been suffering under - always thought it was boxes first then buttons. Thanks for doing that test! :)
I believe that is the case for Frames and the controls you wish to put in them on UserForms (at least that was the case back in my compiled Visual Basic days)... Frames first then their controls.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back