How do I change the PivotTable data sourced by external connection to a table in the workbook?

bigsim

Hello,

I've inherited an Excel workbook. This workbook contains a GCP external data connection, and creates a number of copies using this data to distribute to a number of end users. The workbooks that the end users ultimately get contain 20 or so PivotTables (connected to the external data connection) that each are linked to five slicers. The end users are complaining about the slicer performance (changing slicer options takes ~10 seconds each time).

After the spreadsheets are created the data is fixed, so I'd like to bring the source data into a table in the workbook, and change the PivotCache that the PTs refer to to be based on the internal data, in the hopes that I might see a performance boost. I've tried to follow the instructions at the link here: Change PivotTable source from external data source connection to table/range but the gist is create a new PivotTable using the new internal data from the table, and change the PivotTable.CacheIndex property of the existing PT to match the new one - which works if the number of fields in both data sources are the same. I think this is where I'm running into problems - the external datasource also is referenced in some measure definitions, so I guess I need to recreate these measures using the table I've created also?

Would very much appreciate any help anyone might be able to give on this. Thanks very much in advance!

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drewmorgan128

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back