How Do I control the Gradient using VBA?

kalukaley

Hello All,

I have a Macro that inserts a WordArt object to simulate a Watermark.

The problem that I'm having is that I cannot seem to control the Gradient Effect that's been applied to the text.

I see how I can control the rotation and other properties of the WordArt Object, but I haven't been able to control the appearance of the text.

The pre-canned text effects available are not an option unfortunately.

Any ideas?

I'm doing this for 2007

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Have you recorded a macro? I am a fairly accomplished VBAer but when it comes to something like this I'll definitely be using the recorder to at least get me on my way.

Upvote 0
Excel 2003 will record a Macro. However, the folks at Microsoft didn't think it necessary to record the actions of creating a WordArt Object.

Bottom line, if you turn on the Macro Recorder in 2003 then insert a WordArt Object then use the context menus to make your adjustments you will find a nicely recorded Macro when you're done.

Try it in 2007 and you'll see nothing but blank space where you thought your Macro would be.

I also tried using the Macro that I recorded in 2003 in 2007. Well, you know the old story ... the object model is sufficiently different enough to make you start pulling out your hair.

Thanks for your suggestion. If you can come up with any other ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back