How do I convert an Index/Match formula with multiple criteria to VBA

KristinaT

I have been tasked with converting this formula into a user defined function in Excel. I haven't used index/match previously and have no experience with the functions so I am lost as how to convert. I was able to create a functions using a loop which returns the correct value but the data set it large so the process is slow. Can anyone help with getting this converted or with another method that may be more efficient to match six criteria and return the sum of amount?

=-IFERROR(SUMIFS(INDEX(Financials!$A:$M,,MATCH("Sum of Amount",Financials!$A$1:$M$1,0)),INDEX(Financials!$A:$M,,MATCH("Week Number",Financials!$A$1:$M$1,0)),MAX(INDEX(DateSelection!$A:$XDB,,MATCH("Week Number",DateSelection!$A$1:$XDB$1,0))),INDEX(Financials!$A:$M,,MATCH("Company Code",Financials!$A$1:$M$1,0)),Company,INDEX(Financials!$A:$M,,MATCH("Operations Statement Level",Financials!$A$1:$M$1,0)),$A9,INDEX(Financials!$A:$M,,MATCH("Activity Object",Financials!$A$1:$M$1,0)),"K.987084"),0)

Thanks for your help
Kristina

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Can anyone help with getting this converted or with another method that may be more efficient to match six criteria and return the sum of amount?
I recommend a macro that performs the calculations in memory and puts the results. The processes in memory are very fast, they can even be immediate, it depends on the number of records on your sheet. To try to understand your formula and get the results, it would be best if you provide us with a file with sample data.

You could upload a copy of your file to a free site such www.dropbox.com or google drive. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back