how do I copy a tab

rcirone

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
How can I copy a tab and then change the link on it to point to a another new tab in stend of the orginal tab.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
for the copy part, if you right click on the tab select Move or Copy...
click the copy box and then select where you want to place the copy from the list of tab names

Upvote 0
I did that but I have formuals on the sheet and I like them to point to a new sheet not the old one I have over 99500 refercence to the old tab and I do not want to do them by hand again

Upvote 0
You can use Find & Replace. Find-->Old Sheet Name-->Replace With -->New Sheet name.

Note that you'll want to make absolutely sure you have replacement sheet name correct the first time!

HTH,

Upvote 0
Can I highlight just a section of the work sheet and replace the names there so the one sheet will refercence other sheet but when I do that will it rename the hole sheet

Upvote 0
Yes, if you highlight a section, Find & Replace will only work on the selection.

Upvote 0
Hmmmm, what version are you using? I've never run into a case where a find & replace on a SELECTED range went outside of that range. I haven't tried in '07 but maybe it's changed?

Upvote 0
I was on '03 up until a few weeks ago and like I said, I've only run into a total replace when I didn't select a specific range and let F&R run on the entire sheet. I'm not sure what to say at this point, so hopefully someone else will pitch in.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back