How do I COUNTIF C2:C260<20, AND value_in_column_I=5 ?

MrNewBee

I'm sure this is simple, but being a complete newbie, I need a little formula help. I have inherited a workbook and need to chart three values from column I, where the values in Column C is <20. I've tried variations of COUNTIF and IF(COUNTIF, and can't work it out, and I'm hitting a deadline. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Mr. NewBee :wink:

More details: Basically I need three formulas, so I can chart this, one where column I value is 5, one where it is 4 and one where it is 3, and the values in column C are less than 20. Column C is numbers 0-100. Column C is only 3-5.

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Welcome to the board.

Try:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(C2:C260<20),--(I2:I260=5))

Upvote 0
Wonderful. I would never have thought that SUMPRODUCT would get me where I was going. That works excellent! Thank you! :biggrin:

Upvote 0
Hmmm.. Looks like I spoke too soon. It worked on my small example with only values, but it doesn't seem to work on the real sheet?

I have a sheet which is a large table full of formulas and numbers. The number evaluations are actually created by use of a complex formula using VLOOKUP at it's heart.

Upvote 0
OH, I got it. The 5,4,3 column was numbers, formatted as text. I had to convert it to actual numbers (duh). Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audette89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back