How do I create subtotals for Staff Names in a Power BI table

Willforth

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I am a newbie to Power BI and have been trying to layout data in the way I need but so far no luck. I have looked around but cannot find a solution to my needs.

I am aware that a Matrix will provide subtotals however, the restrictions on layout in a Matrix does not (in my limited knowledge) allow me to display the data in the way I need, but creating a table does.

The issue I am facing is I cannot figure out how to get subtotals in this table for the Hours column and the Cost column and place this subtotal at the bottom of the relevant columns with each change of staff name. Or, a simpler way to explain this is I want a subtotal of hours and a subtotal of costs for each staff member in the table.

How can I do this? I have attached a pdf of the report which I hope helps. Example of Report

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
A table doesn’t give subtotals. You need to use a matrix. The columns displayed in the matrix can be columns from your data, or measures. Given what you are trying to do, it looks like they all need to be measures.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skydd

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back