How do I even explain...?

ChrisSedgwick_

Hi there!

I'm really not sure where to start...

I'm making a basic Dashboard to allow me to track Production figures in our business. I've set the spreadsheet up and I'm now in the process of creating a 'Summary' sheet that will collate all of the figures.

The Dashboard is completed WEEKLY and includes 52 sheets.

On the Summary sheet, I have a simple table with the Week No's along the top and the KPI's down the left. Here comes the issue...

I'm obviously using a formula to collect the information from the individual sheet. However, I'm finding that I have to go into each specific formula and change the reference, to the correct sheet name. i.e

='1'!$C$8
='2'!$C$8
='3'!$C$8

The numbers are referencing the sheet name (obviously to state where the information is coming from). However to go into each cell and manually type in the sheet name take a hell of a lot of time, especially when there's a lot of KPI's per sheet. My question...

Is there a way, either by creating a table with the Sheet Names in, that I can get the formula to use the table to get the sheet name rather than type in manually?

You can access the spreadsheet in question by following the link below. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7io981vxw0p4hp/Production Dashboard 2018.xlsx?dl=0

Thanks,
Chris.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Would you be better keeping the data in one sheet with each entry having an associated week number? Anyway you can do what you asked for but its slow and may impact the usability of your spreadsheet. This will produce whatever is in '1' cell c8:

=INDIRECT("'"&ROWS($A$1:A1)&"'!$C$8")

if copied down it produces '2' cell c8 etc.

Upvote 0
say you have a workbook with 5 sheets named in order apple orange pear lime lemon

in a macro the command sheets(4).select will open "lime"

the 4 can come from a formula of course

does that give you any ideas ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back