How do I format an individual column in a table ?

excelhunk

I have a table with a large amount of data. I am wanting to change the format of individual columns so that they have their own unique style from the rest of the information in the table.

Most of my table is format in an orange color. Darker for header and then the rows with an alternating a lighter shade and no fill. I would like to make a few of the columns though hi-lighted or even formatted in a green color scheme.

Is this possible to do without using Macros. I have very little experience with Macros, plus this spreadsheet is being shared though a shared OneCloud file online. I have had trouble getting Macros to work in the online Excel platform. I also don't understand Macros completely and like it when I get an answer though forums that I actually understand what I am doing so I can use the information in a different scenario if possible.

Thank you for your assistance my Excel Kinsman.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
If the logic for highlighting the non-standard columns, rows, or whatever, can be explained in a formula that returns True or False, then you can use conditional formatting to automatically trigger your desired highlighting. It will override the regular table formatting.
If you can explain in words what the rule is, you can probably get plenty of help translating that into the criteria formula for you conditional formatting.

I hope this helps.

Ken

Upvote 0
I have tried that. Here are my columns and then I will explain the issue I am running into with conditional formatting.

| Date | Customer | Revenue | Lead Name | Lead Comp% |Lead $| Labor1 Name | Labor1 Comp% | Labor1 $ |Labor2 Name | Labor2 Comp% | Labor2 $ |Total %
| 11/12 | Johnson | $2000 | Bill | 10% | $200 | Phil | 5% | $100 | Mark | 3% | $60 | 18%
| 11/12 | Connor | $4000 | Bob | 8% | $320 | Jeff | 5% | $200 | Marvin | 2% | $80 | 15%
| 11/13 | Wilson | $4000 | Bill | 10% | $400 | Phil | 5% | $200 | Mark | 3% | $120 | 18%

This is not an exact of it but it gives the idea.

What I want to do is have all the columns that refer to the Lead, Labor1, and Labor2 have their own column color format. I can get the complete column to change color but I want it to alternate from say red, blue, red, blue with the rows of the column.

| Date | Customer | Revenue | Lead Name | Lead Comp% |Lead $| Labor1 Name | Labor1 Comp% | Labor1 $ |Labor2 Name | Labor2 Comp% | Labor2 $ |Total %
| 11/12 | Johnson | $2000 | Bill | 10% | $200 | Phil | 5% | $100 | Mark | 3% | $60 | 18%
| 11/12 | Connor | $4000 | Bob | 8% | $320 | Jeff | 5% | $200 | Marvin | 2% | $80 | 15%
| 11/13 | Wilson | $4000 | Bill | 10% | $400 | Phil | 5% | $200 | Mark | 3% | $120 | 18%

I hope that clears things up.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back