How do I get a cell to calculate difference if a formula already in there.

ghrek

Hi

I have a formula in cell C66 of which is C59-C58. Depending if it a positive or negative figure in C66 I put data into C62 if a positive and cell C64 if a negative figure.

What I'm trying to do is when I put data in C62 or C64 I need the figure adjusting in C66 so it increases of decreases the figure.

Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Re: "so it increases of decreases the figure" By the amounts in C62 or C64?
And what is the reason? To end up at a certain value? Or to change from negative to positive or something else?

Upvote 0
Sorry if I confused you. Its so if for argument sake there a + £100 diff in C66 and they put £98.00 in C62 I still need £2.00 shown in C66 does that make sense?

Upvote 0
Can't say that it makes sense to me.

I think it would be beneficial of you showed us a few images, before and after, to show us what you want to see.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
Change the +C62 to -C62 and the -C63 to +C63 in needed.
Code:
=C59-C58+C62-C63

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back