How do I get data from many existing pivot tables

slhappyls

Hi all,

How do I get data from many existing pivot tables and combine them to make a new dynamic table?

many thanks.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Tks, but what I want is not only a dynamic table. Actually, It is a combined pivot table has row and column field and page field, How do I do?

Upvote 0
I dont want to select filter the same field one by one from the source pivot tables. Can I select just one time so that the dynamic table seems to be a pivot table?

Upvote 0
So...

You have a number of pivot tables.
You want to be able to pick items for row, column and page fields, and apply those across all pivot tables.
You want to be able to make one selection and change all tables at once

Is that correct?

Before things get very complex, is it possible to just combine the data sources into one location and build a single pivot table that you can manipulate? Alternatively, if they all use the same data source already, would it be easier to create one pivot table anyway and change that as required?

Denis

Upvote 0
Yes

For example, I have a data source have a field age, I want mean and variance at the same time in a pivot table. But in data field one pivot table can only show one statistic, either mean or variance. Alternatively, I can add a fake age field in data source, but I think it is not a good solution. So I output mean and variance of age by two pivot tables. And get the info I want using getpivotdata() and make a total pivot table. That is the whold story. Can anyone help?

Upvote 0
OK, that's straightforward.

Say you want Mean and Variance of Age.

In a pivot table, drag Age into the Data section, then do it again. You will have SumofAge amd SumofAge2 as the fields. Right-click the first, Field Settings > Average. For the second, set it to Var.

This will give you 2 rows for each row item. To see the data side by side, pivot the Data label on top of the Total label, and let go.

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back