How do I get excel to keep of log of each quote I run

KurtyK

I made a simple quote generator for my screen printing business and it works great. I got tired of saving each quote to a pdf... so is there a way to make excel record each quote I run? I'd like to keep it in another worksheet in the same workbook. If possible i'd like to time stamp it. I have no idea what this would even be called.

For example:
I run this quote
John doe
Product Price: 1.89
Location 1: 1
Location 2: 1
Location 3: 2
Location 4: 0
Location 5: 0
quantity: 300
Shipping: Y

Price per Item: 5.99
Total: 1797.00

What I would like to have happen each time I do this is:

7/30/14 | John Doe | 1.89 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 300 | Y | 5.99 | 1797 |
8/1/14 ect.

My quote generator does not use VBA so there in not a run button that calculates it. That could pose a problem.

Any suggestions?

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Hi KurtyK,

Yes, this is easy to do. So when you make up the quote do you type in everything? Or do you type some things and others are calculated (e.g., price per item, total, lookup for product price)?

Also, do you hand enter the data in a certain order? Or at least, is there a final item (cell) you enter data in (e.g., Shipping) after which I can count on all the other data being complete? Or would I have to check all the quote generator input cells to ensure all the data are provided and complete before logging the data?

Damon

Upvote 0
Damon,

Sorry I though I was replying to you, not the thread so you'll see this twice.

I type in: Product price, the number of colors for each location (the front of a shirt may have a 2 color design and the back may have a 1 color design), I then type in the quantity that the customer would like to order. If PriceXquantity> 150 then shipping is free, otherwise its $14. The shipping is automatically calculated.
The price per item and total cost are also automatically calculated.
The data is not entered in any certain order, as long as those variables are filled in, the system works. I have a complex system of calculations that somehow work when each variable has been filled out. If I change the quantity, the price per item and total price will change.

Upvote 0
Hi again KurtyK,

Okay, then I have another question. Do you always start with a blank form (no name, no product price, etc.) so that I can know when all the data have been filled in? If you don't start with a blank form what do you propose I check to determine if the form has been finalized and is ready to be logged?

Damon

Upvote 0
That is another place I am stuck. I usually just use the old data and fill in the new data. I'd say maybe have the check be the quantity but sometimes that doesn't change. If I were to re-type the same quantity would it still log if that were the check figure?

Upvote 0
Hi again KurtyK,

How about this: let's add a button to clear the form, and another button to indicate you are done with the form (and to log the information)?

Damon

Upvote 0
Oops, I forgot to answer your question. Yes, we can use re-entry of the same quantity to cause it to log the data if you would prefer. Of course, the potential problem is that you might forget to re-enter the quantity, and think the data is getting logged when it actually isn't.

Damon

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jocksteriom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back