How do i give a monatary value to a number?

Martin-Rogers

Firstly let me say hello(new user).

My problem is that i have an invoice template with items listed separately eg- Cell C13 contains "Loft Hatch", Cell D13 contains "Access panel" etc to Cell H13. Each of these items has a monetary value which i would like to be totaled in Cell I13. Eg - in cell C14 i will have "2" to denote the number of items, each item has a value of £70 sterling, so what will auto sum into cell I14 will be £140.

I have this to do in 6 columns with each column containing 35 cells.

I do hope this makes sense!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Martin.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Hi Martin, and welcome to the board!

How do you know how much each item is? Do you have it listed somewhere else in your spreadsheet? Or is it in an adjacent cell perhaps? If you know the value of it, that and the quanitity should be easy enough to get you your end value.

Upvote 0
Hi Zack, Thanks for the welcome.

The items i have already have their own values, for instance the a loft hatch is £70, the Access panel is also £70. So the number "1" that i would enter into cell C14 would have a value of £70, the number "2" would have a value of £140 etc, but in that cell C14 i only want to see either the number "1" or the number "2" etc. but in cell I14 they would be summed and be shown as the monetary value they represent.

I hope i've been able to make this a bit clearer?

Regards,

Martin.

Upvote 0
Yes, but I don't think I've made myself clear, apologies. You need some way to reference the fact that "Loft Hatch" is worth 70 pounds. We can't just assume it. Well, if all items will be the same price you can I guess, but I'm guessing not everything will always be worth the same amount. So either you need to put it in a cell next to the quantity (below, whatever), or define a table which has the names and their associated value/worth. Make sense?

Upvote 0
Many thanks for your time.

I've managed to find what i need by entering the following in the end cell =(A1*70)+(B1*70) etc.

Thanks again, i'm a very happy bunny now :biggrin:

Martin.

Upvote 0
Many thanks for your time.

I've managed to find what i need by entering the following in the end cell =(A1*70)+(B1*70) etc.

Thanks again, i'm a very happy bunny now :biggrin:

Martin.

Are they all worth 70 pounds? When once is not, you'll run into problems.

Upvote 0
No, two of them are £45 pounds and another is £35 pounds but i simply substituted the 70 for the appropriate figure...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back