How do I hide range of data imported from another sheet based on the values of a cell?

DreyFox

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello!

I have to import a range of data from one sheet to another sheet depending on the values of the master sheet. So:

Master Sheet - contains a set of values that change. Image shown:
1609351553705.png

Data sheet:
1609351859760.png

So, what I would like to achieve is that if say the "Hand of Feed" cell is L, then the Left Hand Feed Rail data will be imported to the Master Sheet, if it is R, then it will import the Right Hand Feed Rail data into the sheet. If it is empty, nothing will happen. Similarly, in Additional Options, if say A gets removed and the value is only DHELQR, then the Hose Bulkhead data will appear on the Master Sheet. If A is still there, then the Hose Bulkhead data would not appear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
The Master sheet is now L, but I have no idea what has been imported to Master sheet from Left Hand Feed Rail. Where data is imported to?

Upvote 0
The Master sheet is now L, but I have no idea what has been imported to Master sheet from Left Hand Feed Rail. Where data is imported to?
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but I would like to import data from the "Data" sheet into the Master sheet depending on the value of the "Hand of Feed" cell

Upvote 0
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but I would like to import data from the "Data" sheet into the Master sheet depending on the value of the "Hand of Feed" cell
Yes. It is just I did not see on current sample where the data on Master sheet came from. The data does not seems to be from Left Hand Feed Rails, Right Hand Feed Rails or HC95SA Selection.

So, it is difficult for any forum member to help with any VBA code or whatever. The question was also asking on how to hide range of data. What are you trying to hide?

Upvote 0
Yes. It is just I did not see on current sample where the data on Master sheet came from. The data does not seems to be from Left Hand Feed Rails, Right Hand Feed Rails or HC95SA Selection.

So, it is difficult for any forum member to help with any VBA code or whatever. The question was also asking on how to hide range of data. What are you trying to hide?
So I have this Master sheet:
1609849408692.png

On the Data Sheet we have the following data for the Left Hand Feed denoted by "L" and the Right Hand Feed denoted by "R":
1609849543768.png

So when we have "L" denoted on the Master Sheet, the Data in the Left Hand Feed Rails will be imported into the Master sheet, however if we have "R" denoted on the Master Sheet, the Right Hand Feed Rails will be imported into the Master sheet.

Upvote 0
I saw L in Master sheet.
Feed Size = F14
Drifter Selection = 955

What I cannot understand was where those F14 and 955 came from. It is not in Left Hand Feed Rails table shown. Where in the Left Hand Feed Rails the Master sheet imported the data from? Sorry, I still could not get it. :oops:

In Master sheet you have Jumbo, Striking Bar, Drill Steel Size, etc. These need to fill in too? If yes, where are data to be imported?

Upvote 0
I saw L in Master sheet.
Feed Size = F14
Drifter Selection = 955

What I cannot understand was where those F14 and 955 came from. It is not in Left Hand Feed Rails table shown. Where in the Left Hand Feed Rails the Master sheet imported the data from? Sorry, I still could not get it. :oops:

In Master sheet you have Jumbo, Striking Bar, Drill Steel Size, etc. These need to fill in too? If yes, where are data to be imported?
I'll try to be even more specific. The data from the Data Sheet for the column A1 should be imported in A1 of the Master sheet when L or R is entered.

The Jumbo, Striking Bar, Drill Steel Size and others will be manually filled by me, as there are only 2 options for them.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back