How Do I Link A Macro to Tables That Are Linked To Drop Down Lists?

motoman397

I am trying to link two macro buttons titled " Retrieve Financial Information" and " Display 10 Year Stock History" to a table that is linked to 5 drop down lists " Preferred Risk", " Gives Dividend", " Price/Share", "TheStreet Rating", " Preferred Industry" so that depending on what I select in each of the 5 drop downs, I will get automated results in the 3 tables named " Top 10 Nasdaq stocks" " Top 10 SP 500 stocks" " Top 10 Dow stocks" with the best 10 stocks for each index corresponding with my preferences in the drop downs. After the table is filled out with the best stocks I want to be able to link the two macro buttons so I can click them and have financial information (specifically the financial section of yahoo finance for the stock) and the 10 year history or historical data section of yahoo finance displayed when the other macro is selected. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? I have heard about being able to make web queries change with the drop downs but have no clue how to accomplish that. Thanks.

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back